2023 - Full Time Analyst - Technology
Placements could include but are not limited to:
IT Infrastructure: aims to protect the bank, the interest of the bank and its clients. Infrastructure is responsible for the IT Platform used by all users in the Americas. The team includes:
- Cloud: advances the BNPP USA cloud strategy in alignment with the Group strategy while meeting the business strategies of the Americas entities. Uses Cloud computing via Private and Public “Infrastructure-as-a-Service,” “Platform-as-a-Service,” and “Software-as-a-Service” offerings.
- Platform: delivers a world-class platform for the bank’s businesses, clients and users. provides and supports Servers, Storage, Data protection, Middleware, Database, Virtualization.
- Telecom & Datacenter: builds a strong infrastructure to serve our Global bank. Provides and supports Network, Network Security, Telecom, Voice and Datacenter.
- IT Service Management: is a set of practices, policies and procedures that help to manage the services delivered to our end users, using the ITIL framework to ensure best practices are implemented within our organization. Provides and supports Service Design/Transition, Client Services (Service Desk) and Service Operations.
- Engineering & Design: designs redundant networks and platforms resilient to extreme events to fulfill business needs in accordance to Group standards and regulations. Provides engineering and design expertise across IT Infrastructure.
- End User Computing and Collaboration: delivers work environment to our users, with a global standardization for a Global Bank. Provides and supports Desktop, Messaging & Mobility, Endpoint Mobility Video, Software Asset Management.
- Production Security: Protect the organization’s digital assets from unauthorized access, use, disruption, modification or destruction. Provides and supports Identity Access Management, Vulnerability Management, Security design, Security engineering and Security operations.
ITO CCCO: ensures the protection of Corporate and Institutional Banking in the Americas (North and South) by overseeing Cyber and Corporate Security, Operational Resilience, IT and Operational Risk and controls. The team includes:
- Information Security: protects the Bank's information from external and internal threats by defining and ensuring implementation of proper IT security framework and controls;
- Corporate Security: ensures the safety of employees, clients, visitors and protects the firm's assets and reputation.
- Business and IT Continuity: Provides oversight and governance of the programs to plan and respond effectively to crisis events and serious business and IT disruptions.
- CIB Americas Chief Resilience Office: Drive the bank transformation to ensure the business services ability to resist, absorb, adapt and recover from an adverse occurrence that may harm, destruct the ability to deliver those services according to the bank risk tolerance.
- Record Management Office: ensure the bank capacity to manage regulatory record and its lifecycle oversight
- Operations Operational Permanent Control: provides strategic direction to maintaining a robust and effective risk and control framework that respects internal guidelines and procedures issued and governed by control functions as well as the external regulatory and supervisory requirements.
CIB IT: Responsible for IT development, business/technical analysis, project, maintenance and support for the large range of applications within the Americas region, covering all CIB business areas such as Global Markets, Global Banking, Transversal IT, Securities Services and ALMT. We work closely with our business partners and users as part of the global team to understand new requirements from clients, exchanges, industry, regulators and other stakeholders, and code against those requirements to enhance our platforms. The team also dedicates a large amount of time and effort to contribute to the overall platform engineering strategy to enhance our resiliency, stability and scalability across businesses and applications. Our services include métier-dedicated technology support and IT platform management for Americas, which strives for excellence and fully aligns with the group’s strategic goals. The collaboration of these IT teams, representing multiple business clusters, forms one CIB IT Americas team with a global vision, strategy and aligned direction. CIB Americas CIO leads the CIB IT teams as follows:
- Global Markets IT: develops, improves, analyzes, maintains and reviews architectural solutions for the wide range of applications across the Global Markets business areas, such as Prime & Financing, Electronic Trading, Financial Services, Clearing and Settlement, Booking, Position Risk & PnL, and Surveillance (including ALMT);
- Global Banking IT: responsible for meeting all IT needs for Trade Finance, Supply Chain Finance, Cash Management, Corporate Loans, Corporate Deposits & Liquidity, Payments and USD Clearing;
- Transversal IT: develops, improves and maintains the applications used across the different functions within Corporate & Institutional Banking (e.g. Risk, Compliance, Legal, HR, Enterprise Data Management, Client Engagement & Protection etc.) and provides transversal IT services;
- Securities Services IT (also known as BP2S IT): responsible for IT business/technical analysis and meeting IT platform development needs for Banking Services Operations, Corporate Trust Operations, Market & Financing Services and International Financial Services;
- LATAM IT: team covers Brazil, Argentina & Colombia, and it is responsible to meet all IT needs for all the CIB business & functions in Latin America.
- IT Strategy Management, Project Portfolio & Budget: a transversal team responsible for program management office, reinforcing strategic CIO topics, employee engagement and governance of financials, staffing, sourcing, remediation, recommendations, controls, conduct and project portfolio.
APS: Responsible for the Americas Production Platform to ensure applications and associated services are monitored and incident resolution is managed and resolved to have the least or no disruption to the business. APS teams work closely with Business on a daily basis to provide IT functional and Technical support (Level 1 and Level 2) to the business under a common set of processes and tools. APS teams are responsible for Change management to keep the platform up to date with application related changes, security patching and obsolescence management. The team collaborates closely with Infrastructure, Production Security, Information security and application development teams to enhance the security of our production platform, keep it resilient and secure. The team works closely with Audit, IT risk and IT controls on regulatory, audit topics and to be aligned with the groups strategic goals.
- Application Production Support: Manage and monitor applications in Production, and provide IT Functional and Technical Support (Level 1 and Level 2) to the Business, under a common set of processes, tools and KPI. Ensure Production teams is actively contributing to the Business requests responses.
- IT Service Management: is a set of practices, policies and procedures that help to manage the services delivered to our end users, using the ITIL framework to ensure best practices are implemented within our organization. APS being the first line of defense, responsible for Incident, problem and change management related to applications in production.
- Digital Transformation: Work closely with the Business and with IT on the Digital Transformation trajectory. Contribute actively to the transformation of IT to new digital model & Business IT Digital Plan. Contribute to the definition, promotion and implementation of the strategy IT for the Métier, with consistency between operations and transformation
- Production Platform Stability and Security: Manage integrity, stability, robustness, continuity and security of the platform along with the Infrastructure, Application Development and Production security teams
- IT Transversal Project Portfolio & Budget: a transversal team responsible for program management office, reinforcing strategic CTO topics, employee engagement and governance of financials, staffing, sourcing, remediation, recommendations, controls, conduct and project portfolio.
*Physical presence in BNPP’s office(s) is an essential function of this position. BNPP requires all of our employees to be vaccinated in order to access its offices, subject to reasonable accommodations for reasons related to disability or religion.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
Our AATP programs are a springboard for college students to launch their careers through exciting and intellectually stimulating opportunities.
They are highly driven, intellectually stimulating, and crafted to build your real-world capabilities. To succeed amongst our teams, we look for those with a strong academic story, sharp analytical skills, and the ability to articulate ideas well, to clients and colleagues alike.
- Graduation year of Winter 2022 – Spring 2023
- All majors accepted
- Strong analytical, synthesis, and communication skills
- Quick learners who are detail-oriented and self-motivated
- Individuals who are enthusiastic, energetic, curious, and innovative
Our IT organization is large, but depending on the IT stream, we may be looking for:
- Computer Engineers: Develop applications using C++, Java, .Net, Python on Linux, Windows for the execution platforms and have knowledge of programming and OS in combination with the business; who have experiencing coding with these applications and are up to date with the latest technology trend and security requirements;
- Cyber Security Specialists
- Business Analysts: Understand business needs, analyze products and various workflows. Convert them into specifications for developers to code;
- Integration Specialists: Integrate chain of systems across various functions to bring out the desired outcome for executions;
- Quality Analysts: Help to validate the application build by performing various functional and non-functional testing; and
- Transversal champions: work with CIO/Chief of Staff on transversal IT strategic & PMO topics.
WHAT DOES OUR ANALYST & ASSOCIATE TRAINING PROGRAM LOOK LIKE?
At BNP Paribas, our people are our greatest asset, and we are committed to helping you grow from day one. The Analyst & Associate Training Program (AATP) equips you with the network and resources necessary to build a successful career.
As an AATP, you will acquire in-depth insight and practical experience. All of our AATPS collaborate with award-winning teams of specialists in a dynamic, collaborative & global environment.
Throughout the first two years of the Training Program, you will:
- Engage in initial induction training to equip you with the tools to succeed, and to network with your AATP class across all business divisions
- Have a dedicated Human Resources Business Partner to be your go-to resource, as well as a dedicated senior business leader specifically aligned to champion the success of you & your class
- Participate in senior speaker events and roundtable discussions to gain a comprehensive understanding of financial markets & network with colleagues
- Learn about industry topics through ongoing workshops and trainings as part of a bespoke AATP curriculum,as well as philanthropic and social events
- Be placed on a fast-track career trajectory with the opportunity for both lateral and upward mobility
IN A CHANGING WORLD, BNP PARIBAS IS YOU + US.
We truly believe that our early talent is our future: the people that accelerate innovation and provide meaningful impact to both our clients and society. You + Us encompasses our ethos as an employer; crafting experiences together, being part of a collective group and working towards a common goal. We know it matters who you work with, and that is why we are dedicated to encouraging an environment of knowledge sharing and collaboration. In starting your career here, you will be surrounded with peers and mentors who can help you develop + thrive.
ABOUT BNP PARIBAS:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach across the US, EMEA and APAC. It has a presence in 65 countries, with nearly 190,000 employees. In the United States, BNP Paribas has built a strong and diversified presence to support its client base. We continue to grow and strengthen our commitment to the US market through our Corporate & Institutional Banking activities. We are one of a few non-US banks to offer a full value chain for our clients, from trading to financing, and clearing and custody in the US with the international footprint and capacity to deliver both globally and locally. Leveraging the strength of our European roots, our network can support clients in virtually every region of the world, enabling more connectivity and efficiency wherever our clients conduct business. We take pride in our expertise and our ability to adapt while constantly looking ahead to create a more sustainable world.
FINRA Registrations Required:
CFTC Swap Dealer Associated Person (if yes, NFA Swaps Proficiency Program is required):
SEC Security-Based Swap Dealer Associated Person:
The base salary for this position in Jersey City, NJ is $95,000
EQUAL CHANCES & OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL:
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.
This opportunity is closed to applications.