2023 - Full Time Analyst - Capital Markets - High Grade Finance
High Grade Finance provides loan and bond financing solutions to BNP Paribas' corporate High grade clients located throughout the Americas. You’ll be performing due diligence and credit proposals, developing marketing materials for clients, and acting as a strategic, handpicked addition to the team. High Grade Finance is comprised of Debt Capital Markets & Loan Capital Markets (Corporate/FIG/LatAm).
Our Global Banking division provides sophisticated and diversified expertise in financing, cash management and financial advisory services for our clients. We combine our global expertise and local presence to better align the complex needs of our multinational clients.
- Support the team in preparing pitchbooks for clients (corporates & financials) to issue bonds in USD, EUR and CHF debt capital markets
- Analyze current market conditions and macroeconomic developments in order to provide ideas to clients
- Maintain and update bond databases to prepare market update slides to be included in pitchbooks materials to clients
- Coordinate with internal and external parties for the bond deal execution process (internal management, general counsel, compliance, risk management, underwriters, and rating agencies)
- Prepare documents for the relevant committees for approval of underwriting mandates
- Assist the team in organizing the materials (pitchbooks, slides for specific contents, client information)
*Physical presence in BNPP’s office(s) is an essential function of this position. BNPP requires all of our employees to be vaccinated in order to access its offices, subject to reasonable accommodations for reasons related to disability or religion.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
Our programs are a springboard for college students to launch their careers through exciting and intellectually stimulating opportunities. To succeed amongst our teams, we look for those with a strong academic story, sharp analytical skills, and the ability to articulate ideas well-to clients and colleagues alike.
- Graduation year of Winter 2022 – Spring 2023
- All majors accepted
- Proven record of academic excellence.
- Strong data management and research skills.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Team player, self-motivated and entrepreneurial.
- Detail oriented with a complete focus on quality results and deliverables.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Technical proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Power Point.
WHAT DOES OUR ANALYST & ASSOCIATE TRAINING PROGRAM LOOK LIKE?
At BNP Paribas, our people are our greatest asset, and we are committed to helping you grow from day one. The Analyst & Associate Training Program (AATP) equips you with the network and resources necessary to build a successful career.
As an AATP, you will acquire in-depth insight and practical experience. All of our AATPS collaborate with award-winning teams of specialists in a dynamic, collaborative & global environment.
Throughout the first two years of the Training Program, you will:
- Engage in initial induction training to equip you with the tools to succeed, and to network with your AATP class across all business divisions
- Have a dedicated Human Resources Business Partner to be your go-to resource, as well as a dedicated senior business leader specifically aligned to champion the success of you & your class
- Participate in senior speaker events and roundtable discussions to gain a comprehensive understanding of financial markets & network with colleagues
- Learn about industry topics through ongoing workshops and trainings as part of a bespoke AATP curriculum, as well as philanthropic and social events
- Be placed on a fast-track career trajectory with the opportunity for both lateral and upward mobility
IN A CHANGING WORLD, BNP PARIBAS IS YOU + US.
We truly believe that our early talent is our future: the people that accelerate innovation and provide meaningful impact to both our clients and society. You + Us encompasses our ethos as an employer; crafting experiences together, being part of a collective group and working towards a common goal. We know it matters who you work with, and that is why we are dedicated to encouraging an environment of knowledge sharing and collaboration. In starting your career here, you will be surrounded with peers and mentors who can help you develop + thrive.
ABOUT BNP PARIBAS:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach across the US, EMEA and APAC. It has a presence in 65 countries, with nearly 190,000 employees. In the United States, BNP Paribas has built a strong and diversified presence to support its client base. We continue to grow and strengthen our commitment to the US market through our Corporate & Institutional Banking activities. We are one of a few non-US banks to offer a full value chain for our clients, from trading to financing, and clearing and custody in the US with the international footprint and capacity to deliver both globally and locally. Leveraging the strength of our European roots, our network can support clients in virtually every region of the world, enabling more connectivity and efficiency wherever our clients conduct business. We take pride in our expertise and our ability to adapt while constantly looking ahead to create a more sustainable world.
FINRA Registrations Required:
- Series 79, 63 (take and pass tests if not licensed)
CFTC Swap Dealer Associated Person (if yes, NFA Swaps Proficiency Program is required): No
SEC Security-Based Swap Dealer Associated Person: No
The base salary for this position in New York is $100K.
EQUAL CHANCES & OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL:
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.
This opportunity is closed to applications.