Open Sophomore Opportunity Summit
BNP Paribas Open Sophomore Opportunity Summit | March 26th & March 27th
The BNP Paribas Open Sophomore Opportunity Summit is a 2-day interactive virtual experience crafted in partnership with our Employee Resource Groups to immerse students in the culture and career trajectory of Banking, Markets and Corporate Function businesses of BNP Paribas.
You are invited to engage in dynamic conversations on:
- BNP Paribas’ net-zero commitment and focus on sustainability initiatives and financing. The Summit will offer you an up-close look at our ESG efforts and the people leading them
- Championing Diversity, Equity & Inclusion and the ways in which it is an essential part of the cultural fabric of BNP Paribas
- Promoting growth via continued learning and development opportunities throughout the career journey
- Our continued focus on ensuring BNP Paribas is a great place to work, learn and grow via ERG engagement, mentorship and our competitive benefits and wellness offerings
The BNP Paribas Open Sophomore Opportunity Summit welcomes students in a celebration of all underrepresented identities, which includes, without limitation, women, underrepresented populations, first generation college students, veterans, LGBTQIA+, and/or those with disabilities.
Current undergraduate, sophomore-level students with a Winter 2025-Spring 2026 graduation date are eligible to apply. All majors and academic backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Prior experience within financial institutions is not required!
Our Employee Resource Group Partners
The BNP Paribas Open Sophomore Opportunity Summit will feature speakers from our Employee Resource Groups.
MixCity USA is the Group’s Gender Diversity ERG. MixCity USA increases awareness of gender diversity issues in the professional environment and is open to both Women and Men, elevating BNP Paribas’ broad communication of its gender equality platform. MixCity USA strives to increase its recognition of women in the workplace, offers career and professional development, as well as networking & philanthropic events. Working in collaboration with WiGM (Women In Global Markets), MixCity has held marquee events such as International Women’s Day and International Men’s Day.
The ABILITY ERG provides a network for employees with disabilities or for those who are close to people with disabilities and focuses on physical and mental health challenges. The ERG also supports multiple initiatives to support career development for people with disabilities such as an annual Mentoring and Networking Day for local college students.
The Asian ERG operates with a mission to champion DEI, to celebrate multi-cultural heritage within BNP Paribas’s community, and to promote awareness about various Asian American & Pacific Islander (AAPI) community challenges for advocacy. The ERG seeks to achieve this by promoting greater understanding of cultural traditions, recognizing talents and strengths, encouraging exchange of professional knowledge, networking, and providing a forum for topics relevant to the Asian communities. They focus their collaborative efforts in the key areas of Responsibility, Empowerment and Career Development.
The Interfaith ERG offers a forum for inclusion of spiritual faith diversity in the workplace. The interfaith ERG furthers professional development by examining business issues, economic topics, social and environmental challenges through the lenses of various spiritual faiths while creating a network of professionals eager to connect around the topic of faith and work.
The Military ERG brings together both Veterans and non-Veterans with the goal of supporting meaningful relevant initiatives. These initiatives employ philanthropic efforts targeted towards homeless or wounded veterans, as well as focus on efforts to assist service members in transitioning to civilian and corporate life.
BNP Paribas Pride USA fosters a workplace that is most welcoming to the LGBTQ+ community by supporting its members, facilitating connections among and beyond the LGBTQ+ employees, while promoting inclusiveness, equality and solidarity. LGBTQ+ employees and their allies come together and celebrate the freedom of sexual orientation, gender identity and expression. The Pride ERG strives to bring awareness of specific LGBTQ+ topics to all, as well as provide resources & support to the community.
The REACH ERG is an inclusive, community-based for all employees of any affinity, focusing on topics related to career paths in order to help foster growth and development of junior staff at BNP Paribas. Through a broad range of events, REACH fosters connections across business lines and functions, allowing BNP Paribas professionals to actively drive their own careers.
The BOLD ERG (Black Organization for Leadership and Development Employee Resource Group) fosters and promotes the talents and strengths of BNP’s Black community. It works to inspire Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the cuture of BNP Paribas. The goal of BOLD is to empower Black staff to show up as their authentic selves while simultaneously promoting awareness of Black culture and experiences.
HOLA! - The Hispanic ERG celebrates the talents, contributions, culture and traditions of employees united by the rich and diverse heritage of Spanish-speaking countries. HOLA! advances the careers of employees through networking, community outreach and advocacy aimed at nurturing and promoting the leadership skills of its membership. Through their initiatives, the HOLA ERG promotes Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Americas.
What to Expect at the BNP Paribas Open Sophomore Opportunity Summit
At BNP Paribas, we belong to a forward-thinking group where our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives take center stage and where new ideas and fresh perspectives foster and nurture innovation.
The Summit will help you find success through:
- Fireside chats and panels hosted by current Analysts and former interns, senior leaders and the BNP Paribas Employee Resource Groups
- Open conversations and small group sessions hosted by business leaders and team members who will share their professional experiences and ways in which they support BNP Paribas’s mission and values
- Skills-building activities to build your resume and expand your professional knowledge and skillsets
- Dedicated recruiting office hours with our Campus Recruiting team and hiring managers accessible for your questions
Following the virtual programing, participants may be invited to interview for the 2025 summer analyst internship.
Opportunities to Join the BNP Paribas Community
Through this Summit we hope that you can become a part of our business success and shape the future of BNP Paribas
We offer internship opportunities throughout a range of business lines and functions:
- The Global Banking division provides sophisticated and diversified expertise across a variety of sectors in Financing, Cash Management and Financial Advisory Services for our clients
- The Global Markets division delivers market-leading solutions - from hedging and financing opportunities across every asset class, to research and market intelligence
- Functions – Business Management roles are wide ranged and include:
- Operations: You will gain exposure to teams concentrating on trade processing, product controls, and project management.
- Change & Solutions (Internal Consulting): The Change & Solutions Americas organization works closely with executive management and senior leadership to design and implement high-level, strategically important projects, and shape the development of the Bank in the region. The team delivers value across platforms through an integrated and agile approach with deep international interconnectivity across departments, and a strong focus on servicing internal clients
- Group Financial Security (GFS): GFS is a Group Compliance Domain tasked with developing and implementing an industry-leading Office of Foreign Asset Control (“OFAC”) Compliance Program. GFS is the main point of contact for the Group with U.S. Regulators regarding Sanctions Compliance
- Security Services (2S): Security Services helps our clients achieve their investment and cross-border distribution ambitions through the different services we offer such as asset servicing, outsourcing solutions, reporting, custody, clearing and settlement, market and financing services, and corporate trust solutions
- Technology: The IT (Technology) Team aims to protect the bank, the interest of the bank, and its clients via IT Infrastructure, Cyber and Corporate Security, Operational Resilience, Application Production Support and IT and Operational Risk
- Human Resources
- Finance & Tax
ABOUT BNP PARIBAS
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach across the US, EMEA and APAC. It has a presence in 65 countries, with nearly 190,000 employees. In the United States, BNP Paribas has built a strong and diversified presence to support its client base. We continue to grow and strengthen our commitment to the US market through our Corporate & Institutional Banking activities. We are one of a few non-US banks to offer a full value chain for our clients, from trading to financing, and clearing and custody in the US with the international footprint and capacity to deliver both globally and locally. Leveraging the strength of our European roots, our network can support clients in virtually every region of the world, enabling more connectivity and efficiency wherever our clients conduct business. We take pride in our expertise and our ability to adapt while constantly looking ahead to create a more sustainable world.
The bank employs nearly 6,000 people and has a presence in the country since the late 1800s in major cities including New York, Jersey City, Chesterbrook, PA, San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, Denver and Washington, DC.
As an international company with a global footprint, the unique cultures and viewpoints of our team members are an integral part of the fabric of BNP Paribas. We are a company with a purpose - to be a responsible and sustainable global leader. We aim to create an environment where our employees feel empowered to drive change, make an impact and be true to themselves. We employ talented individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds, locally and globally, and are inspired by our employees who help us in cultivating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace through initiatives such as our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Leadership Forum and Employee Resource Group (ERG) communities. We strive to be a workplace where all team members can grow and thrive and offer robust training, development and mentoring opportunities to make that vision a reality. Our leaders are deeply committed to DEI and highly accessible to our employees, consistently soliciting feedback on how we can continue to support our employees to reach their highest potential.
BNP Paribas. The Bank for a Changing World - https://usa.bnpparibas/en/homepage/join-us/our-opportunities/
EQUAL CHANCES & OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.