2023 - Full Time Analyst - CIB Functions, Operations - Jersey City, NJ
The CIB Americas Operations Analyst Management Program is a highly competitive 2-year program designed to give hardworking and motivated individuals a comprehensive insight across Operations, a core function which partners with the Global Markets and Global Banking Business Lines. A 3-week BNPP induction boot camp will help set you up to waste no time.
The nature of the Operations Analyst Management Program provides an opportunity for Analysts to complete multiple assignments, each designed to give an in-depth insight into Operations through technical learning and management skill development, via the desk and interactive coaching.
You will benefit from the support of our dedicated managers and current analysts. You will participate in formal training, speaker series, and multiple networking events.
WHO WE ARE:
- Operations mission is to be a valued partner to our internal and external clients, providing the highest quality support and levels of customer service
- Operations is charged with redefining the operational platform and instilling a culture of continuous improvement
- Operations is committed to the BNP Paribas Code of Conduct and takes pride in the professional and respectful execution of its responsibilities
- Operations comprises almost 700 people in TEAMS located across the Americas
With CIB Americas Operations, you will gain experience in trade processing, product controls, and project management. In addition to program stretch assignments, your primary assignments may provide experience in the following areas:
- Product Control: Ensures trades are accurately represented in the booking systems at any point of their lifecycle and confirmed with external counterparties, calculates and explains the daily economic P&L, controls risk limits & trader mandates, and validates market data used for valuation
- Controls and Regulatory Oversight: Leads the Operations mission to orchestrate operational policy, mitigate risk and deliver a comprehensive control framework across the Operations platform in compliance with Regulatory and BNPP best practice
- Trade Processing: Handles the processing and administration of transactions, while ensuring all bank policies and regulations are adhered to
- Securities Execution & Clearing: Manages all trade bookings, reconciliations, allocations, commissions, confirmations and settlement
- Financing Solutions: Handles processing for lending, Trade Finance and Supply Chain activity
- Collateral and Treasury Forecasting & Liquidity Management (TFLM): Manages the operational aspects of margining various Global Market derivatives and repo activities
- Credit Middle Office: Blends a strong business focus while being driven by operational expertise, efficiency, and control
- Derivatives Execution & Clearing: Provides client solutions and clearing for commodity futures, options, and OTC products
- Process Management: Tasked with coordinating, facilitating and driving both strategic and tactical project solutions across Operations
*Physical presence in BNPP’s office(s) is an essential function of this position. BNPP requires all of our employees to be vaccinated in order to access its offices, subject to reasonable accommodations for reasons related to disability or religion.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
Our programs are a springboard for college students to launch their careers through exciting and intellectually stimulating opportunities.
They are highly driven, intellectually stimulating, and crafted to build your real-world capabilities. To succeed amongst our teams, we look for those with a strong academic story, sharp analytical skills, and the ability to articulate ideas well, to clients and colleagues alike.
- Graduation year of Winter 2022 – Spring 2023
- All majors accepted
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Detail-oriented, with sound judgment and integrity
- Keen interest in financial markets
- Willing and able to learn new business processes quickly
- Internship experience within financial services preferred
WHAT DOES OUR ANALYST & ASSOCIATE TRAINING PROGRAM LOOK LIKE?
At BNP Paribas, our people are our greatest asset, and we are committed to helping you grow from day one. The Analyst & Associate Training Program (AATP) is designed to equip you with the network and resources you need to build a successful career.
As an AATP, you will acquire in-depth insight into BNP Paribas and gain valuable and practical experience. Whichever area of the bank you are joining, you will be part of an award-winning team of specialists who work in a dynamic, collaborative environment.
Throughout the first two years of the Training Program, you will:
- Engage in an initial induction training that will give you the tools to succeed and allow you to network with your AATP class across all business divisions
- Have a dedicated Program Partner who will act as your go-to resource, as well as a dedicated senior business leader specifically aligned to champion the success of your class
- Participate in senior speaker events and roundtable discussions to network with colleagues and gain a comprehensive understanding of financial markets
- Learn about industry topics through ongoing workshops and trainings as part of a bespoke AATP curriculum, as well as philanthropic and social events
- Be placed on a fast-track career trajectory with the opportunity for both lateral and upward mobility
IN A CHANGING WORLD, BNP PARIBAS IS YOU + US.
We truly believe that our early talent is our future: the people that accelerate innovation and provide meaningful impact to both our clients and society. You + Us encompasses our ethos as an employer; crafting experiences together, being part of a collective group and working towards a common goal. We know it matters who you work with, and that is why we are dedicated to encouraging an environment of knowledge sharing and collaboration. In starting your career here, you will be surrounded with peers and mentors who can help you develop + thrive.
ABOUT BNP PARIBAS:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach across the US, EMEA and APAC. It has a presence in 65 countries, with nearly 190,000 employees. In the United States, BNP Paribas has built a strong and diversified presence to support its client base. We continue to grow and strengthen our commitment to the US market through our Corporate & Institutional Banking activities. We are one of a few non-US banks to offer a full value chain for our clients, from trading to financing, and clearing and custody in the US with the international footprint and capacity to deliver both globally and locally. Leveraging the strength of our European roots, our network can support clients in virtually every region of the world, enabling more connectivity and efficiency wherever our clients conduct business. We take pride in our expertise and our ability to adapt while constantly looking ahead to create a more sustainable world.
FINRA Registrations Required:
CFTC Swap Dealer Associated Person (if yes, NFA Swaps Proficiency Program is required):
SEC Security-Based Swap Dealer Associated Person:
The base salary for this position in Jersey City, NJ is $75,000
EQUAL CHANCES & OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL:
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.
This opportunity is closed to applications.